These amazing barbel rods have been developed and tested by our brand ambassador Des Taylor. When combined with our CS10 5000 reel, it is a perfectly balanced combo.
About Cadence CR10 Barbel Rods
These amazing barbel rods have been developed and tested by our brand ambassador Des Taylor.
They have been designed specifically for modern barbel anglers that demand the highest quality specifications and performances. Des has tested these rods over the past 18 months using the 1.75lb TC on his beloved River Severn and Warwickshire Avon and the stepped-up version of 2lb TC on the larger rivers like the Trent and Thames and in that time has caught many barbel, catches that have included up to 20 barbel in a short session and individual fish well into double figures. He has designed two rods in the range that cover all but the most extreme conditions on small or large rivers and to quote Des “Over the years I have been involved in designing a number of rods but these are without a doubt the best rods I have ever put my name too”.
|Product||Weight (G)||Casting Weight||Max Line Rating||Pieces||Ideal Reel Size||Test Curve|
|CR10 12ft Barbel 1.75lb||261||5oz||15lb||2||5000||1.75lb|
|CR10 12ft Barbel 2.00lb||282||6oz||20lb||2||5000||2.00lb|
About the Cadence CS10 5000 Feeder Fishing Reel
The CS10 5000 has been developed primarily for feeder fishing at long range and when targeting bigger fish on heavier tackle. The design of the spool with its large-diameter (58mm) helps to reduce friction when casting and the lower gear ratio of 5.6:1 helps to provide plenty of power when retrieving heavy feeders and when playing fish.
|Weight||Bearings||Gear Ratio||Max Drag||Match Spool Cap||Line retrieve|
- 7 +1 Stainless steel sealed bearings – Corrosion resistant with increased durability
- Reinforced Carbon body and rotor – Lightweight with great strength and stiffness
- Machined Aluminium Spool – Increases strength
- 2 x Spools supplied with capacity reducers – perfect when spooling up with braid
- Carbon Matrix drag system – extremely smooth and powerful
- Titanium main shaft – lightweight with high strength
- Oversized Ergonomic EVA Handle – helps improve grip in cold and wet conditions
- 2 x round spring loaded line clips – line safe