These amazing barbel rods have been developed and tested by our brand ambassador Des Taylor. When combined with our CS10 5500 LC reel, it is a perfectly balanced combo.
About Cadence CR10 Barbel Rods
These amazing barbel rods have been developed and tested by our brand ambassador Des Taylor.
They have been designed specifically for modern barbel anglers that demand the highest quality specifications and performances. Des has tested these rods over the past 18 months using the 1.75lb TC on his beloved River Severn and Warwickshire Avon and the stepped-up version of 2lb TC on the larger rivers like the Trent and Thames and in that time has caught many barbel, catches that have included up to 20 barbel in a short session and individual fish well into double figures. He has designed two rods in the range that cover all but the most extreme conditions on small or large rivers and to quote Des “Over the years I have been involved in designing a number of rods but these are without a doubt the best rods I have ever put my name too”.
|Product||Weight (G)||Casting Weight||Max Line Rating||Pieces||Ideal Reel Size||Test Curve|
|CR10 12ft Barbel 1.75lb||261||5oz||15lb||2||5000||1.75lb|
|CR10 12ft Barbel 2.00lb||282||6oz||20lb||2||5000||2.00lb|
About the Cadence CS10 5500 Long Cast Reel
The CS10 5500 Long Cast is a mini big pit reel, great for smaller waters and when wanting to fish tight and compact, works especially well on shorter 9 and 10ft specialist rods. The 5500 has also found favour with long range feeder anglers in testing, its high line capacity perfect for fishing with thicker lines and bigger feeders. Our anglers have landed carp to over 40lbs using these reels, the super smooth carbon fibre drag absorbing the runs and lunges with ease.
|Weight||Bearings||Gear Ratio||Max Drag||Match Spool Cap||Line retrieve|
- 6 Stainless steel ball bearings + 1 instant anti-reverse bearing – smooth, durable, & corrosion resistant
- Quick drag system – easy to use and effective
- Carbon composite frame & side plates – lightweight, strong, & corrosion resistant
- Carbon fibre drag system – smooth & powerful
- Machined aluminium long cast spool– lightweight & strong
- 2 x spring loaded line clips – line safe
- Oversized ergonomic EVA handle – comfortable & lightweight
- Machined Aluminium handle – strong & durable
- Stainless steel main shaft and brass pinion gear – smooth & durable
- Worm gear oscillation – superb line lay